Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Research Paper Topics


What led to the Russian Revolution of 1917?
I realize this is a very specific and uncommon question, but it’s something I’ve always been interested in. I’m very open to adjusting the question as I research, so it may change a bit as I continue on this paper. I’ve already researched this topic a bit, and read several books about early 1900’s in Russia. I’ve also always been fascinated with the last imperial family that was overthrown in the revolution. It might be a difficult question to answer because I’m probably going to find a lot of things that led to the revolution, or could’ve played a role in it. So I may just have to decide on a few major factors, and focus on those. I know the Tsar was often criticized for being “too gentle”, which in the case of ruling Russia, can be a dangerous characteristic. Also, the son of the Tsar had hemophilia, which took a toll on his abilities to rule such a huge country. Plus, the people never cared for the Empress. Those are some of the factors that could’ve potentially led to the revolution. I’ll also need to consider the fact that maybe it was destined to happen anyways, and it just so happened that the Tsar at the time couldn’t handle it. Or maybe it was his fault.
I may find that it’s very difficult to know exactly what caused the revolution, because there are so many potential factors. However, I can look into some of the more unnoticed reasons, and see if they added to the problems that the Tsar had created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment